OC Green Lantern Costume - WIP
A quick (and out of order) cosplay armor tutorial. This works with worbla, or fabrics for pretty much everything!
1) Design the body armor, come back and include details.
2) Take saran wrap and wrap it around your body (it helps if there’s someone else to help you wrap it properly). The front should come up to where your collar bone meets the middle of your throat. The back should be just above the shoulder blades.
3) Use duct tape, or painter’s tape around the saran wrap and cut it off at the middle of the sides.
4) Further mark/cut your initial template.
5) Transfer the template to cardboard, or poster board. Make sure its a little bit larger than the saran wrap template (you can always form and cut off excess, but it’s harder to add to).
6) Trace the template onto the materials, and cut out (using a utility knife will get you a smoother initial edge with worbla or foam, I used scissors).
7) Further adjust and form using a dremel rotary tool, and heat gun.
8) (No picture) Attach straps, remember to always double up! That way your cosplay doesn’t fall apart.
9) Attach and shape any secondary layers for added looks, such as abs or any symbols shaped from the worbla or foam.
10) For Worbla: Paint, and you’re done!
For Foam: Coat in 2-3 Layers of PVA (wood) Glue, and then once that is dry coat in 2-3 (or more) layers of Smooth-On 65D Urethane
11) Foam only: Gently sand for smooth corners and to help paint grip.
12) Paint! You’re done.
The reason you add the wood glue is because it adds a protective layer against the Urethane resin. The urethane resin would eat through the foam otherwise, but with the wood glue it doesn’t! Adding the Urethane gives your armor a solid look, as well as better resistance to blunt damage that may occur when traveling with, wearing, and shipping your armor.
We are now officially accepting a few cryptocurrencies to help us become a full time business! Anything helps, and yes there are degrees of awards for donators. We will have those lists soon!
We’ve got our LLC Paperwork
Unfortunately, it can’t be submitted until June! However; we are moving right along, and we are right on schedule!